Are you excited about fundraising, but aren’t sure where to start? Read some suggestions below for how you can help raise money for the cause. The top earners will be rewarded prizes and other fabulous gifts at each walk/event, including a new and house car giveaway. Once you have registered, please share the information with your friends and family.
- Sponsor A Team!! Make your contribution when you register
- Build A Team of 10-20 or more people; made up of your friends, employer / employees and have them join your team and donate $20 each to benefit the cause
- Ask your religious organization or company to include a newsletter article about your participation inviting pledges and team participants
- Send emails to your business associates and family members about your charitable efforts and have them get involved by including a link directly to our fundraising page
- Do a letter-writing campaign. Send a letter to your holiday card list, letting them know you’re taking action for the cause and to ask for their support. Make it personal! Explain why you are involved with our charity and how lupus has affected your life, a friends life and or loved ones.
- Matching Gift Programs: See if your company has a matching gift program and double your money! To determine if your business has such a program, ask your Human Resource Department. Be sure to tell team members and donors about Matching Gifts- perhaps their employers may have a program too.
- Ask merchants you do business with to support you, such as your dry cleaner, Realtor, gym, bank, barber shop or hair stylist.
- Have an internal company rally as a kick-off for all employees to help recruit participants. It can be held as a breakfast, lunch or afternoon social with refreshments.
- Contests are a great way to promote friendly competition among teams, departments or buildings
- Use Social Media! Facebook and Twitter are great resources. Ask your friends if they can each commit to a set donation amount. A little bit goes a long way!
Don’t be afraid to ask. We are all working to raise awareness and provide education to our local community for Lupus. If you have any questions or need more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org