Lupus Fighters of America Foundation is taking action now to end the War on Hunger and Homelessness. As an LFOA volunteer, you will be actively working to combat hunger and homelessness by connecting more eligible individuals with nutrition assistance and SNAP benefits, assisting the homeless with finding shelter and dispelling common myths and barriers.
Job Description Overview:
Volunteers will be responsible for assisting clients with securing shelter, food handling, clothes assortment and assisting clients with the paper SNAP [Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program] application. The services mentioned will take place during daily outreach campaigns, weekly meetings and monthly events. Volunteers will be trained on how to pre-screen a client for potential eligibility for the programs, complete the application process, and determine proper supporting documentation.
- Educate community members about the shelter opportunities, food and clothing disbursement, SNAP/Food Stamp Program, and their potential eligibility for benefits
- Provide pre-screenings to interested clients and application assistance for those potentially eligible for the programs
- Review the necessary documentation to ensure that applications are complete and help clients submit their application
Skills and Requirements:
- Must demonstrate responsibility and sensitively in handling confidential documents
- Patient and kind demeanor– able to interface with vulnerable individuals, families and seniors in a professional yet understanding manner
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to engage others
- Those with Spanish or other language skills are strongly encouraged to apply
- Non-judgmentalof people needing and seeking public benefits and entitlements
Participate in a 1 hour training and volunteer at least once a month for 5 hours.
Interested in this Opportunity to Make a Difference?
To find out more about this important volunteer opportunity, please contact our Outreach Coordinator via email at email@example.com. And thank you for your help!
Volunteers will receive equal opportunity and treatment throughout recruitment, appointment, training, and service. There will be no discrimination based on age, economic status, sex, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental abilities, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
(Click Here To Download/Print The PDF Form)